Friday, June 7, 2019

Dave Trampier Original Art: I purchased the Gorgonstar TITAN box cover art!

I'll cut right to it people...I was able to purchase a piece of Dave Trampier's original art the other day....and I'm over the Moon about it!
Yup....was alerted to an auction on Ebay by a fellow Facebook TRAMP fan....this transparency was used in the silk screen process for the 1980 GORGONSTAR board game TITAN....the game was created by David A. Trampier & Jason B. McAllister.
7x11 of ink on plex-like plastic....hand drawn by TRAMP himself.
The 1st pic is how it arrived at my house....complete with a certificate of authenticity. This was the picture that I saw on Ebay....and decided to "pull the trigger". We all know that TRAMP's art doesn't show up often anywhere...


After it arrived I added some red & white "acid free" (thanks to the many folks who advised I use such paper on FB!) paper to bring the piece to life...now you see what the TITAN box art looked/s like in full color.
A bit more "fine tuning" on my part and it was ready for its place on my wall...
And keeping with the TITAN theme....heres a look at Tim Kask's magazine ADVENTURE GAMING issue #5 from 1981 that has a cover by TRAMP...the issue promotes the TITAN game....with articles by both Jason McAllister & TRAMP himself.



I'm beyond thrilled that I now own a piece of gaming history....Dave Trampier is, in my humble opinion, the best artist TSR ever had. It boggles my mind that I have in my possession something that he himself actually physically touched...let alone created!
And as a side note....I just tonight purchased another bit of TRAMP art/gaming memorabilia that I share with y'all as soon as it arrives! 'Till then may all your rolls by critical hits!
EXCELSIOR!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!---a wonderful piece to have in your home! :D

    Allan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! TRAMP is my all time fav D&D artist....this is beyond cool for me!

    ReplyDelete