Sunday, June 16, 2019

Battlelands of Titan: More from the estate of Jason B. McAllister

As promised here is more that I purchased from the estate of Jason B. McAllister....who created the TITAN game along with D&D artist Dave Trampier.
I've got a pretty decent TRAMP collection going....so this was another "no brainer" when I noticed it for sale on EBAY. This is an "unsold copy of the BATTLELANDS supplement for Titan" that belonged to Mr. McAllister.

Envelope is in mint shape...TRAMP's art is just astounding....Knight battling a Dragon.
"Battle-Boards" in mint shape as well....

Un-punched game pieces.....

"Masterchart" present & accounted for!
 Not sure what this attached note pertains to....having never played TITAN myself!

An excellent addition to my growing TRAMP collection.....
And a couple of days later I added even more...
Game pieces for TITAN, more "Battleboards"....and a TITAN "master-board" were for sale...I won that auction as well
 Tramps art makes even the instructions for the game awesome!
 The detail is part of what made TRAMP so special...


The "Masterboard" is brilliant in and of itself....I might have to break down & buy a Avalon Hill copy of the game just to actually play it!
Just another old D&D guy collecting these ancient treasures....'till next time....EXCELSIOR!

7 comments:

  1. Titan is quite possibly my all-time favorite game which works well from 2-6 players. The mechanics of recruiting legions and terrain-based combat are fairly simple to understand, yet elegantly designed and sufficiently nuanced that experienced players will have a distinct advantage. There's plenty of strategy along with some random chance accompanying dice rolls. The Trampier artwork is of course fantastic. The only real drawback is the long game time and the fact that a player can be eliminated early on.

    Not sure if it's still active, but there used to be a free computer version called Colossus which supported online play.

    Congrats on your original art acquisitions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've really been thinking of picking up an old TITAN board game....probably the Avalon Hill version. Maybe I can play it in my old game when I retire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple more comments. Looks like your character counters are a not-quite-final draft. The Gorgons are now black, not pink like the Guardians, etc. Not sure if it shows on your version, but if you look closely at the creature counters, each one is unique. For example, one of the Rangers had a flail which my buddies and I thought was cool. Love the game and the design; thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to give them a closer look! Thanks for the heads up, Brent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible find - thanks for posting with such detail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind words! I am beyond thrilled to own some of Tramp's art!

    ReplyDelete