Monday, October 7, 2019

As Good as the Real Thing? DrivethruRPG reprints

Just a quick entry...I bought 2 reprints of Classic TSR modules from DrivethruRPG.
"U3The Final Enemy" & "The Temple of Elemental Evil".
I've never owned either of these 2...never adventured in them. Thought I'd add them to my collection. Always very happy with the quality of the product from DTRPG.
But....wait for it


 Included, for no extra charge (not even mentioned), is the 5e adventure module "The Lost Laboratory of Kwalish"! 
Now...I know some who would have returned this immediately...angered that they did get exactly what they ordered. I, on the other hand, look at it as a bonus! Maybe a "one of a kind" purchase. Maybe the 5e adventure was added as a mistake?
Either way...I'm keeping it! 
Besides...I'm always happy to cherry pick & gleen ideas from wherever I can for my adventures!
I have U1 & U2...both vintage copies. Just wanted to add the U series to my collection.
I went for TTOEE too. Seems that certain modules are only available for a limited run...I'd seen it in PDF form before....but wanted a physical copy....without paying the insane prices on Ebay or elsewhere!

I never played "The Village of Hommlet"...and the idea of having a "Super Dungeon" is something I'd love to run sometime in the future!
Anywhoo...thought these were 2 very worthwhile purchases...Happy Autumn to you...and EXCELSIOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment